The girl to my right in the blue shirt is Mary. We worked on station 5-2 together for 3 years.....and got to go to Vegas last fall with the poster we did for our nurses' fair. Mary is due to deliver her first baby in a few weeks which is thrilling because she will be a fabulous mom and it's been a long time coming for her. Unfortunately she will be welcoming her baby alone....her husband was in a motorcycle accident this past weekend and didn't make it. My heart is breaking for her....I can't even begin to imagine facing what she has to face. I'm encouraged that she has a very supportive family...and I know I can pray for her....but I just wish I could do more.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Solemn thoughts
The girl to my right in the blue shirt is Mary. We worked on station 5-2 together for 3 years.....and got to go to Vegas last fall with the poster we did for our nurses' fair. Mary is due to deliver her first baby in a few weeks which is thrilling because she will be a fabulous mom and it's been a long time coming for her. Unfortunately she will be welcoming her baby alone....her husband was in a motorcycle accident this past weekend and didn't make it. My heart is breaking for her....I can't even begin to imagine facing what she has to face. I'm encouraged that she has a very supportive family...and I know I can pray for her....but I just wish I could do more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
that is beyond horrible and heartbreaking. we should all think of things like that that people go thru when we begin to think we have it bad ...
I can't even imagine what she must be going through! I'm speechless.
wow that just brought a lump to my throat...
Oh no. I'm so sorry, Jami. Hugs.
Post a Comment