Friday, January 4, 2008

untraditional holidays

I got so sick of people asking me what special traditions we were going to start for "Chloe's First Christmas"....and then the horrified expressions when I told them I had to work all week and was going to miss it! Am I the only one wearied by the materialism of December? To us it was just another week slugging through....But I suppose that's just the way life goes when we both work in industries that are open 24/7/365.

I worked nights all week.....we're talking 6 12hour nights in 7 days. That was GREAT fun.
Nana came to visit all week and play with Chloe. All the pictures of that are on her camera since I was at work or sleeping! We did go shopping together on the one day I was off and had a blast! Mum went wild in the Liz Claiborne outlet...her favorite clothier. And thankfully her flights worked out okay....we had to take her to minneapolis....but she got on the flights she was planning to. Not bad for standby over the holidays.....and she got first class both ways! Hopefully that was payment enough for all the extra you did around here all week....laundry...cooking...cleaning...organizing....keeping Chloe occupied and happy. Thanks a MILLION, Mum!

We went down to Chad and Jill's for New Year's Eve. I'm afraid I was not fun company still trying to recover from all my nights. Next time I'll try and be livelier and actually stay up until midnight instead of going to bed @ 930. :)
Here's a few random pictures.....


Our new vacuum under the couch method....send Chloe crawling underneath and she'll swipe all the hair and dustbunnies on her shirt! :) She crawled under and didn't seem at all distressed by the dark or close quarters.

Check out those teeth! She says " Mum would you put that thing down?!"


Bella's waiting....wishing....hoping that some crumbs will drop!

1 comment:

Lani said...

Happy New Year, you guys! Can you believe it's 2008?