Saturday, October 18, 2008

Let me know if this gets old.....

If my incessant posting of my artsy-fartsy pictures that I take with my fabulous camera ever bores anyone....please speak up. Or just don't visit the blog... :) It's just too much fun for me. I wish I could start a photography business on the side....but it's just so darn expensive! Maybe someday when the economic crisis blows over.



I took this one by just setting my camera in the grass and putting it on manual focus and adjusting and readjusting after shooting without looking through the lens to finally get it to focus on just the yellow leaf. Probly took a good 5 minutes and 20-30 shots before I got it just right...



This was the water pump at the pumpkin patch last weekend....what is it that's so awesome about flowing water captured in a photo? Makes me wanna stick my tongue in the stream and lap up some fresh ice cold water.....although this water was by no means fresh. Don't be fooled by the clear appearance in the photo....




Water running down the trough with the sunlight on it.....makes wish I could be a mouse for a few minutes and float down on a little wooden boat. (Well....I wouldn't really want to be a mouse....but you get the picture, right?!)




Gourds! I LOVE the green ones......and the contrast of the yellow/orange is quite nice. Too bad they rot and cave in and smell funny after a while....



Peeking up through the trees......this is like the one tree in our block that turns this beautiful red/orange. I really miss the leaves changing back home.....it's exponentially more colorful than the leaves out here regardless of how hard you Minnesotans try to convince me otherwise.!



Ahhhhh corn. Dried up.....ready for harvest. Love the look of it....but I have to say freshly steamed sweet corn on the cob looks much tastier.

This photo I tweaked in photoshop a little to make the contrast more outstanding. I love shooting photos into the sunlight and getting a silhouette effect....they always look so sharp and clean.


Corn stalks blowing in the breeze.....nothing special about this photo.....I suppose looking at it again makes me imagine the feel of the breeze on my face mixed with warm sunlight.




Blades of grass....another photo taken by just setting the camera right down in the grass. Helps me imagine how it feels lying in the grass feeling it tickle your skin.


This is why green is my favorite color.....soooooo pretty!





6 comments:

Cheri said...

Ahhh yes, the rotten gourd! My Thanksgiving decoration of choice. I figure if you leave them out there until they rot, then you might as well leave them 'till they freeze. I purchased one gourd for Elliot, which he promplty put in the fridge...and snacked on occasionally...until I wised up and trashed it.

Bernadetta said...

great pictures!!! what kind of camera did you get???

Mrs Starling said...

Same one Cheri has....Nikon D80 digital SLR....but I didn't have to get any lenses, just the camera body because I already had 2 lenses for my film camera that were compatible. I LOVE my camera!

Melissa said...

Hey! Keep the pictures coming, will ya?! :) I'm not going to complain!!

lil bird said...

truly a knack/talent/creative expression.... which I believe you are fervently embracing... p.s. when you upgrade to another camera I'll take you old one ;) jk.

Lani said...

No comment because I'm busy pouting you have a fancy camera and I don't. ;) Just kidding. Fun pictures, you.